The Wellness Inventory is an assessment and personal wellness program designed to help individuals gain personal insight into their state of physical, emotional, social, and spiritual wellness. Educational in nature, the program promotes self-responsibility, focuses on individual change readiness, and offers tools to transform this new awareness into sustainable lifestyle change and a renewed sense of vitality, health and wellbeing.
The Wellness Inventory is based on the work of John W. Travis, MD, MPH, who was a protege of Dr. Louis Robbins (creator of the Health Risk Appraisal). Working with Dr. Travis, HealthWorld has created an online version of the Wellness Inventory that incorporates dynamic tools for lifestyle change.
The program may be licensed by companies to act as a part of their wellness program, to increase employee wellbeing and productivity, and to gather data to assist in creating wellness and health education programs targeted to employee needs. Wellness coaching and monthly workshops may be added to create a more comprehensive program. The Wellness Inventory can also interface with an existing wellness program. This program is currently utilized in employee wellness programs, hospitals, wellness centers, destination spas, retreat centers, churches and other health and wellness companies.
Benefits For Employees include:
- Increased sense of self-responsibility for their health.
- Increased awareness of the impact of their behaviors and attitudes on their health.
- Identifying the areas in their life they are most motivated to change.
- Personalized wellness action plans.
- Tools and resources to support their action plans.
- Wellness coaching to provide motivation & accountability (Optional).
- Monthly wellness workshops for ongoing education (Optional)..
- A higher level of health and wellbeing.
Benefits for a company include:
- Coordinated wellness program with assessment, coaching and workshops.
- A sense of self-responsibility among employees for their health and wellbeing.
- Focusing on employee's positive motivation to change.
- A suite of online wellness program management tools.
- Permission-based access to individual employee scores and wellness plans to facilitate coaching.
- Accessing wellness trends within a specific demographic through group reporting.
- Facilitation of the design of customized programs to meet the needs of specific demographic groups.
- Improved employee health and wellbeing.
- Reduced health care costs by supporting the shifting responsibility from the employer to the employee.
- A PowerPoint Overview for Employee Wellness Programs
For more information, visit www.wellpeople.com. To take a quick tour of the inventory, visit http://www.wellpeople.com/WellnessTour.asp?grpTr=