Small-business owners are constantly looking for ways to save time and money without skimping on quality. Purchasing online can help.
These five tips from eboss123.com can help save both time and money on products and services that most small businesses use frequently:
1. Professional Attire. If you're in a retail-oriented business or have a service-focused business where your employees are in direct contact with your customers, you understand the importance of maintaining a professional image. For small business owners, it's sometimes difficult to order shirts, jackets, hats or other branded items in quantities that make sense for the size of your business. DesignAShirt.com lets you order with no minimum quantities required. Its easy-to-use web site, allows you to select and design all sorts of products that display your company logo. Take advantage of the promotional coupons available for DesignAShirt.com and save even more on your next order.
2. Office Supplies. Every office needs pens, notepads, paper clips, copy paper and more. Online sources often can beat the prices of the local office-supply store, and ordering online saves time by eliminating trips to the store, thus increasing employee (or owner) productivity and saving travel expenses, including gasoline and vehicle wear-and-tear. The site offers free shipping on orders over $75. iBuyOfficeSupply.com is currently has a promotional coupon offering 5% off the price of the order and free shipping for orders over $125.
3. Payroll Management. One of the most frustrating aspect of operating a small business is proper management of payroll. Payroll is usually approached as a necessary evil that is equally feared and loathed. Many payroll services are available, but many are cost-prohibitive for most small businesses. Intuit, the makers of QuickBooks, have created a new online payroll system that is both affordable and easy to use. Intuit Online Payroll allows companies to create paychecks online, set up direct deposits, manage W-2s, offers guaranteed accurate tax calculations and gives free access to payroll experts. It saves companies time, eliminates potential withholding mistakes and gives owners access to professional help for a low monthly rate. The account is managed securely online and easily integrates with QuickBooks. Since everything is managed online, the company's bookkeeper or accountant can easily access payroll information whenever necessary.
4. Meetings. If the Internet is indispensable to your business and you have customers or salespeople scattered across a large geographic area, consider using GoToMeeting () for interactive meetings. GoToMeeting has set the standard for online collaboration. It's a very useful tool when meeting in person is unnecessary, but more than just a conference call is needed. GoToMeeting has the potential to save you a bundle in travel-related expenses by eliminating the need to deliver a proposal in person when it could easily and just as effectively be delivered from your own office via GoToMeeting. Try GoToMeeting free for a month to evaluate its effectiveness for your business.
5. Technology Equipment. The modern small-business office is full of electronic equipment - desktop computers, laptops, printers, routers, etc. Technology is constantly changing (and breaking down). Where do you go when you need to update your office computers or related technology? Dell Small Business offers discount codes for software and office computer systems. The discounts can save hundreds of dollars on computers, printers and other technology ordered through the Web site.
Small-business owners should take time to investigate the many ways in which utilizing the Internet can save time and money, eboss123.com advises. It's a wise choice to use promotional codes and coupon codes whenever possible for these products and services - many of which the business may already be using and paying more for, eboss123.com says. A bonus: Utilizing the Internet to purchase products and services can also help a business owner reclaim time to spend with friends or family or enjoying long-lost hobbies.