When is comes to succeeding in today's business world, it's not how much you know, it's how much you know ABOUT YOUR NICHE.
In her newly launched book, "Riches In Niches: How to Make It BIG in a Small Market" (Career Press, 2007), veteran business expert Susan Friedmann teaches entrepreneurs and business owners that transforming from being a generalist to a specialist can mean the difference between business success & business struggle.
Friedmann's trademarked term "nichepreneur," meaning one who is positioned as a specialized expert in a given industry or business, is creating a buzz in the business community in recent months.
Friedmann says the niche marketplace is here to stay - and it's a phenomenon that's showing up in every industry, from manufacturing to high finance and beyond.
"There is a problem of sameness in the marketplace," says Friedmann. "Consumers are unable to differentiate between one service professional and the next. Overwhelmed by the sheer numbers of providers in the market, they begin to view the services of skilled professionals as a commodity -- and once something becomes a commodity, the only way to differentiate yourself is by price."
According to Friedmann, being a nichepreneur is all about Being the Expert. She believes that nichepreneurs:
- Inspire: They are trailblazers and are forging new paths through the wilds of commerce and navigating their way to success.
- Instruct: They educate and share their knowledge (either formally or informally)
- Inform: They know that a well-informed consumer is more likely to be a satisfied buyer.
- Inquire: They not only know how their profession is doing right this minute, but they’re very aware of how the trade is changing and evolving.
In researching the book, Friedman conducted extensive interviews with some of the most successful nichepreneurs in the world.
Each chapter begins with a brief profile and advice from a successful nichepreneur and each chapter concludes with Susan's Speedy Summary for readers who want “just the facts.”
Along the way readers will learn:
- The benefits of being a nichepreneur include greater profitability, an ability to offer better quality service more efficiently, and the chance to pursue those topics that really spark an individual's passion.
- The GEL Formula: Friedmann's technique that shows entrepreneurs how to find the professional niche that makes the best use of their skills while yielding maximum profit.
- The Seven Secret Success Strategies nichepreneurs need to know to create, claim, and benefit from their Expert Identity.
For more information, please visit www.richesinniches.com